Tours at Four '21: UR Medicine Orthopaedics
Time & Location
About the Event
UR Medicine Orthopaedics and Physical Performance Center
Get a behind the scenes look at the new UR Medicine Orthopaedics Center at Marketplace Mall, by Perkins & Will, Heery Design - a SLAM studio, and Dwyer Architectural, in a tour led by architects Jay Woodcock, AIA and Izzy Straub, RA of Dwyer Architectural and LeChase.
The largest capital project in University of Rochester history is moving forward at The Marketplace Mall in Henrietta. Building design is complete for the 330,000-square-foot UR Medicine Orthopaedics and Physical Performance Center, which will combine ambulatory surgery and other essential services in one convenient spot.
The $240 million project, will create one of the largest and most comprehensive ambulatory orthopaedics facilities in the United States by 2023.
1. Understand how to convert an existing large building with existing structural in a large medical facility.
2. Learn what is critical when designing large healthcare facility.
3. Learn about strategies for maintaining learn communication across the team to minimize, respond or anticipate impact of unforeseeable conditions.
4. Understand on how existing building systems and new building system interact with each other.
1. Hard hats (LeChase has some if needed)
2. Safety glasses. (LeChase has some if needed)
3. Face masks
4. Wear appropriate footwear because there is still a lot of uneven/rocky ground. All footwear needs to have a closed toe. Boots are preferred.
- UR Med Orthopaedics Tour$0$00$0