Fri, Oct 28|
EDI Committee Meeting: October 2022
AIA Rochester members are invested in diversifying the profession to be inclusive of all. The EDI Committee is open to all members and interested individuals. Register to be sent the meeting link. *Rescheduled from 10/21
Time & Location
Oct 28, 2022, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
About the Event
AIA Rochester EDI Committee Mission:
To act as a resource to AIA Rochester members in support of developing a more equitable, diverse and inclusive profession and to help our regional community understand and realize the value of the architecture profession as an advocate for a more just world.
The EDI Committee intends to develop mission specific goals including but not limited to:
- Formalizing our current Chapter census so that we have a baseline measure of membership.
- Broadly defining the communities, we hope to engage and developing outreach opportunities.
- Looking to other AIA Chapters to understand their efforts and educate ourselves on approaches to addressing EDI issues in the Rochester community.
- Creating Chapter-wide engagement and opportunities for all firms to become involved, regardless of firm size.
- Creating a library of shared resources such as presentations and educational opportunities.
- Develop recommendations for the AIA Rochester Board on how to engage a diverse next generation of Architects.
Meetings will be held on the third Friday of every other month, starting in June 2022.