Fri, Jun 17|
EDI Committee Meeting: June 22
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to become involved with AIA Rochester's Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Committee. Send an email to Michelle Murnane, AIA at email@example.com for the meeting link.
Time & Location
Jun 17, 2022, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
About the Event
AIA Rochester EDI Committee Mission:
To act as a resource to AIA Rochester members in support of developing a more equitable, diverse and inclusive profession and to help our regional community understand and realize the value of the architecture profession as an advocate for a more just world.
The EDI Committee intends to develop mission specific goals including but not limited to:
- Formalizing our current Chapter census so that we have a baseline measure of membership.
- Broadly defining the communities, we hope to engage and developing outreach opportunities.
- Looking to other AIA Chapters to understand their efforts and educate ourselves on approaches to addressing EDI issues in the Rochester community.
- Creating Chapter-wide engagement and opportunities for all firms to become involved, regardless of firm size.
- Creating a library of shared resources such as presentations and educational opportunities.
- Develop recommendations for the AIA Rochester Board on how to engage a diverse next generation of Architects.
Meetings will be held on the third Friday of every other month, starting in June 2022.