Thu, Jun 01|
Design a Mini Golf Hole!
It's time to reboot the AIA Rochester Golf Tournament Putting Contest! We are turning the putting green into a mini golf course! Register your team to design & build a temporary mini golf hole. $500 to grand winning team. See below for official details. Register & submit designs by June 1.
Time & Location
Jun 01, 11:59 PM – Jun 02, 11:59 PM
About the Event
We are seeking teams to design & build 4 temporary mini golf course holes for our 2023 Golf Tournament.
Register & submit designs by June 1, 2023 (date has been extended from May 15).
• Conceive of an entire hole. Think about obstacles, features and hazards that can be manipulated into different setups in the future. Edges might be defined by heavy rope.
• The site will be the practice green at Ravenwood golf course. The obstacles cannot in any way damage the putting green. Participants can either use the holes that are already part of the putting green or ramp to a raised surface that has a built-in hole.
• Designs need to withstand the elements of the day (rain, wind, sun, heat), especially if there is a battery-operated moveable part. If utilized, batteries must be accessible for easy replacement.
• Designs should be durable enough to withstand several years of impact from golf balls, storage, & transport.
• Designs will need to be stored/transported between use. Obstacles should easily fit in a sedan. If they break down for transport or storage, assembly should be very easy and not time consuming.
Rules & Regulations
• Teams may consist of up to 4 members. Register online by May 12, 2023.
• Proposed designs must be submitted by May 15, 2023. Submittals should include labeled & dimensioned sketches at a minimum in order to clearly convey the intended design, means, and methods.
• Up to four contending design teams will selected to build, and will be notified by June 1, 2023.
• Fully constructed mini golf course obstacles must be turned in to the AIA Rochester office by August 15, 2023.
• Up to $250/design is available for documented material expenses for courses completed by August 15, 2023.
• A jury will select a winner from the built designs completed by August 15, 2023.
• $500 for the winning design will be disbursed to the team captain to share with the team by August 31, 2023.
Mini golf has many typical obstacles - windmills, ramps, loop-de-loop, ricochet blocks, PVC tube redirects - which could be reimagined sculpturally or could be tied to architecture. Example: a ramp feature in the form of the Guggenheim museum!