CEU: Code Class January '22
Time & Location
About the Event
This course takes place over two days, January 11th and 13th from 1:15PM - 5:00PM each day. You will not be eligible for credit if you only attend one day.
Join Laura Cooney, AIA, for an overview of the 2020 Building Code of NYS (BCNYS).
7 AIA HSW CEU
This two-half-day course utilizes graphic examples for recipients to better understand how to use the Building Code and the main code provisions that can affect design, including compliance options, as follows:
- Review of current NYS Code status as well as BCNYS scope and format,
- Cover Occupancy classification, Special Use and Occupancy, Building Height and Area, Mixed Occupancy, and Construction Type provisions, utilizing a building example for application
- Review Fire Distance Separation, Fire Walls, Fire Barriers, Fire Partitions, Opening Protection, Fire Service Features, and Fire Protection Systems
- Focus on the main Means of Egress provisions for typical building design and life safety requirements/needs
- Review Chapter 11 Handicap Accessibility and ICC A117.1-09 provisions, utilizing some graphic examples
1. Know the current status of the 2020 NYS Codes as well as the scope and format of the BCNYS
2. Understand the how the code addresses occupancies, building height and area, and construction type to determine building size/design, by utilizing a building example;
3. Know the differences between exterior wall rating requirements, fire wall, fire barriers, and fire partitions, with opening protectives as passive fire protection, and know the triggers for active fire protection in buildings;
4. Understand the main means of egress provisions and reasoning for life safety, through graphic examples; and
5. Know the main handicap accessibility requirements for building design and how the code and standard are structured to work together.
- AIA Rochester member ticket$75$750$0
- Nonmember ticket$100$1000$0